Did you know that meme rhymes with theme? So it should really be spelled meem instead of meme but whatever that’s not the point. I don’t do memes. Except when the person who tags me is her. Then I do them. Because hers is the first blog I ever fell in love with. She’s the one who taught me the meaning of meme. And she’s the one who wants to know six unusual things about me. So she gets what she wants.
1. Cody took me skydiving for my 23rd birthday. He stayed safely on the ground with the bitty moosh while I hurtled out of a plane strapped to a highly attractive South African instructor named Phish with a swoon worthy accent. He said I was the best American student he had ever had. I then seriously considered a career in skydiving, for about 48 hours.
2. I do not watch rated R movies. Haven’t for years. However, my three favorite movies are rated R. They became my favorites before R rated movies became obscenely offensive to me and have yet to be replaced. They are as follows-
When Harry Met Sally-”You made a woman meow?” by far the best movie ever made. Ever.
Snatch-”Yeh lek degs?” Brad Pitts best role. Ever.
Love Actually-”Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion’s starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don’t see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it’s not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it’s always there – fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge – they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I’ve got a sneaking suspicion love actually is all around. ”
I always cry at the airport over complete strangers for this very reason.
3. This one isn’t actually about me, but since we’re on the subject of movies and Cody likes to consider us one person (“WE need to clean the kitchen.” “WE need to get the oil changed.” “WE need to make dinner.”) even though WE means ME, I’m going to add this one. Cody loves movie soundtracks with the power of a thousand burning suns. Especially instrumental ones. If you only knew how much time WE‘ve (seriously, we) spent looking for soundtracks you’d be shocked. His favorites? Gladiator, Transformers, Braveheart, Last of the Mohicans, and Finding Neverland. Currently playing in the other room? Pirates of the Caribbean.
4. I cannot, CANNOT handle people brushing their teeth. In real life, on TV, even just thinking about it gives me heebie jeebies and a slight gag reflex. I however can brush my own teeth with no problem, unless I bite the bristles. *gag*
5. I know I’ve mentioned this one before but it deserves to be mentioned again. I have never ever set foot or toe or right index finger in a tanning bed. Never. Never have, never will. Pasty is awesome. Cancer sucks.
6. I am incredibly superstitious. While I won’t go into exact specifics on the history of these superstitions because it would be very long and possibly boring not to mention you’d think me a complete loon, I will tell you some of the things I do or don’t do in relation to my superstitions.
- I will never let a pole come between a friend and me while we are walking, after seven years, Cody is even more aware of this one than I am. (My previous best friend and I are no longer friends because I broke this one, seriously.)
- I never take steps with one shoe on and one shoe off.
- I never look at a funeral procession as to avoid counting the number of cars in it.
- I never waste salt.
- Right sock always goes on first.
- I always get out of bed on the right.
- The mirror breaking, black cat and ladder ones are all observed.
And that’s all I’m going to tell you, there’s more, so many more. But just looking at this list makes me want to make fun of myself.
So that’s six. And I won’t be tagging anyone because long ago I dubbed my blog the place where memes and awards go to die and that still stands true to this day.