Given that I’m about to bask in the glow of So You Think You Can Dance for the next two hours (OH HAPPY FLIPPING DAY) it’s a given that I am going to need a snack. Maybe several.
Now if I had my choice I’d me shoving Air Heads, Cheetos and Oreos down my gullet and breakneck speed.
But then I’d be kinda big. And unhealthy. And probably kinda sick. Not to mention I’d most likely poop funny colors.
So I have to choose wisely. Way more wisely than Air Heads, Cheetos and Oreos.
Which leads me to my list of of favorite snackish type things (and the moosh’s, gah I hate to share sometimes.).
- Avocado, cut into chunks with a wee bit of salsa and a sprinkle of garlic salt. Dip what you wish. Or just eat it straight out of the bowl. Whatever.
- Fritos (scoops) dipped into (4% large curd) cottage cheese. Did you snarl your nose? Dude, if you only knew.
- Cold pineapple(fresh only), a bit of milk (2%), some ice and a splash of vanilla. Blend the daylights out of it and OH BABY.
- Edamame (soybeans, I prefer shelled). Steamed, brought to room temperature and lightly salted.
- Ham (deli sliced) wrapped (Vlasic please) dill pickles. Okay, so sodium overload. But it’s only occasional.
- Artichokes. Steamed. With a little mayo to dip. My sister and I used to battle over the heart.
- Finally, popcorn and orange juice. But not just any popcorn. Only Orville Redenbacher’s popcorn is allowed in my house and I prefer it to be either Old Fashioned Butter or their new Buttery Garlic stuff (loooove). And yes, orange juice. Like peas and carrots. My dad and sister subscribe to the popcorn orange juice school of thought also.
After a very stressful day on the popcorn aisle when I was unable to find Old Fashioned Butter, (seriously, when they stop making something you so dearly love and are impassioned to? STRESSFUL.) I swore to never love again.
Turns out I was just at the wrong store. Old Fashioned Butter is alive and well. And on sale at Marsh. *phew*
Orville heard of my loyalty and offered up a couple of sweet gift packs of popcorn for me to give away. Want one? You know you do. I got one, well, I already ate it all, but I got one.
So here goes. Leave a comment, tell me you’re favorite snack or what popcorn you are loyal to. Let’s just say if it’s not Orville Redenbacher’s Old Fashioned Butter you don’t know what you’re talking about. (However I should give credit to the Buttery Garlic stuff, it comes in mini bags, Old Fashioned doesn’t.) I can’t sit on the couch for longer than an hour without popcorn. Seriously. Love.
Okay, contest. comment, tell me your favorite snack, your family’s favorite snack. A snack that holds a special place in your heart. I’ll pick two comments at random on Monday May 26th. Which means you have until Sunday May 25th at midnight EST to enter. And which also means you need to leave me a valid email address (no one else will see it but me.).
Good luck. I’m going to go pop some popcorn, I told myself I couldn’t have any until after I wrote this post.
Oops, forgot to hit publish. Heh.