Let’s say I have $6,000 worth of HP technology sitting in my living room.
Because I do.
Now let’s say that I’m going to be giving away all $6,000 worth of HP technology that is sitting in my living room TO ONE PERSON.
Let’s pretend that one person could be YOU.
Because it could be.
What do I call this opportunity? Magic.
moosh in indy. is lucky enough to be one of fifty blogs involved in HP’s Magic Giveaway for the holidays. 49 other blogs have been or will be reviewing and then giving away the same $6,000 package of technology. All 50 blogs will have different rules and entry guidelines, some will be in different languages. And yes, you can enter them all (but you can only win one.)
Gotta Be Mobile
Barb’s Connected World
Small Biz Vista
JK On the Run
I Started Something
Digital Home Thoughts
Geek News Central
The Digital Lifestyle
Geeks To Go!
One Day, One Job
Study Hacks – Demystifying College Success
La Bitácora de Erwin Ried
Unión de Bloggers Hispanos
Living – In Theory
moosh in indy. (hi!)
Thoughts on poetics & tech
Stop, Drop & Blog
Our biggest hope and only requirement?
That you share. Share the magic that is winning $6,000 worth of computers, software and hardware. Let’s face it, no one needs $6,000 worth of HP technology. Want? SURE! But need? No. The prize package includes:
• HP Photosmart C6380 Wireless AIO (printer)
• HP 564 Photo Value Pak
• Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate/Home Premium or Microsoft Windows XP pre-installed on all units (Mini 1000 runs XP)
• Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition 2007 (Student-Teacher Edition) – 1 DVD with 3 licenses
• Microsoft Windows Live
• Corel VideoStudio X2
• Kung Fu Panda (2 widescreen DVDs; 1 widescreen Blu-ray disc)
Total value: >US$6000
That’s right. Four computers. Oodles of other stuff. One person.
Let’s face it. The economy is crap. As much as you and your family may want, or even need a new computer, it’s just not a reality for a lot of people right now. Now imagine winning four. Maybe all you needed was one. Maybe you wanted two. What about the other two? Think about it. Who could you pass the magic on to?
A teacher? A church? An after school program? An elderly neighbor? A family who has lost everything? Someone who gives so much of themselves and never asks for anything in return? Maybe someone else who entered this giveaway and compelled you with their story.
HOW TO ENTER (these are my rules, and they only apply and qualify you for the giveaway here, at mooshinindy.com):
I want to know. Who would you share all this magic with and how would you do it?
- Compose a post on your own blog, telling me what you would do with $6,000 worth of the latest HP technology. Who would you share with and why? Creativity counts, but it’s not everything. I’m going to be awarding this prize package to whomever captures the magic of sharing the most. Don’t have a blog? Go ahead and compose your entry in 200 words or less and post it here in my comments section, leaving a valid email in the email field. Video entries on YouTube, posts on MySpace and Facebook will also be accepted.
- Somewhere in your post mention and link to HP’s Magic Giveaway along with a mention and link to this post on moosh in indy. When your post is published, leave a link to your entry, wherever it may be, with your name and valid email address in the comments section below.
- Contest is open NOW! and will run through 10 p.m. EST December 9th, 2008. Comments will close at 10 p.m. EST on December 9th, 2008. So get to it.
- That’s it.
THE NOT SO FINE PRINT:
- My family, friends and people I know in real life are not eligible. Sorry dudes. It’s just not fair. But you are more than welcome to enter any or all of the other 49 giveaways. (Although you can only win one.)
- Anyone who doesn’t fall into the above category, in any part of the world, is eligible to enter.
- All taxes will be taken care of by HP.
- You must SHARE part of the prize package with someone who isn’t you, preferably someone who doesn’t even live in your house. While I have no way to police you once the prizes leave my doorstep, I can assure you that if you don’t share, bad juju’s will follow you all the days of your life. Okay, so I can’t even promise that, just don’t be a selfish jerk okay? You’re a lucky fool if you win all this stuff. PAY IT FORWARD.
- The winner must provide me with a real street shipping address, P.O. Boxes will not be accepted. Items you choose to share can be shipped to the person directly at no cost to you (and is actually preferred. Who doesn’t love getting magic surprises in the mail?)
- By entering, the winner agrees to provide me, within two weeks of receipt of the prize, a 250 word story (at least) on what happened when they shared one or more of the products. Their story will be posted on moosh in indy. at a later date. Stories from those who were surprised with the magic would also be fantastic. Pictures optional, but strongly encouraged. I won’t post any personal information without permission.
- I have been using (reviewing, coveting, checking out) the hardware (dude, I don’t get to keep any of this stuff) but they will all be restored to factory/like new condition before I ship them.
- I will pick and announce a winner December 9th, 2008 at 12 a.m. EST.
I will be the sole judge and my decision is final. I cannot be bought with promises of cookies, lavish riches, goods, products or services. So don’t even try. Okay, so you can try, but just know it won’t work.