it's my birthday. 4.28

4.28.82

a sort of birthday palindrome.

today I turn 28.

28 on the 28th.

my golden birthday.

For the third year, I will ask you for a comment cake full of the best things that have happened to you over the last month.

Naps, jobs, babies, friends, sunshine.

Anything.

I look forward to it every year.

The only difference is this year it will be gluten free.

28 is going to be good.

I can tell.

Comments

1. Happy Birthday sweetie!!
    I LOVE April. It is also my birthday month and today is also my boyfriend’s birthday!
    I hope you have a great one!

2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I had my golden birthday at 11 and didn’t appreciate it that much (my month is 11 too!)….

Love the photo.

3. Happy Birthday, Casey!! :)

4. Happy birthday! I wanted to make the shindig last night, but couldn’t. I hope y’all had fun! My golden birthday was when I was 2, so I didn’t even know what they were :-P

As for amazing things that have happened in the last month… it’s still a secret, but involves two pink lines seen on Sunday, and a really good 27th birthday present for me at the end of the year. (don’t spread this all over the internet! it’s just icing on your comment cake!)

5. I took a beautiful (albeit extremely quick) trip to Florida for a lovely wedding. My daughter turned 11 months and is SO FULL of personality these days. I have also started getting my yard/garden cleaned out.

And a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

6. I reconnected with a college friend! He’s one of the greatest friends I have!

7. I turn 28 next week! It’s a good year to be 28, I’m sure of it. I hope you have the best of days.

8. Celebrated a dear friend’s 40th!

9. A very Happy Birthday to you!
    I hope you have a awesome birthday!

I turned 28 on the 28th of December. I am planning on staying 28 from here on out!

Let’s see. Good news…we just found out we don’t owe the government 5000 in taxes.

10. For a year I’ve been doing a volunteer job with promise that they’ll soon get a paid person to do it…that happened this weekend! I can’t wait to have my life back!

Love the picture!

11. Happy birthday to you! Best thing that happened to me hands down this month is that my baby girl who’s 14 mos old FINALLY started walking and also picked up about 5 new words. The Awesome.

12. Had our second baby, a girl!

My cousin who has had fertility issues for years is pregnant with twins.

Our best friends who lost their brother (he was a senior in college) 4 years ago had their second child but first boy, and named him after his deceased uncle. It was special and meaningful. And we were chosen as his Godparents.

It has been a good year. :) Here’s to hoping your birthday is special and wonderful, and that the year ahead holds many blessings for you!

13. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My dad was also born on 4/28 and well, I’m not a big fan of my father. SO, I’m glad that I have someone way more awesome to now associate this day with!

Best thing that happened to me this month? Going to Atlanta this weekend to see Ali Martell!

14. Happy birthday, Casey! I can’t believe how much further along in life you are than I was at your age. You’ve done good! Enjoy your day and year!

This month, I felt my baby move in my belly for the 1st time. I’m almost 5 months along with my 1st (at age 33.5). If this baby is even half as adorable as your Addy, it’ll be the cutest thing ever! ;o)

15. Happy Birthday Casey! I came over to vist from Emily’s.

This week has been pretty tough, but in the end I think it’s all going to be for the best over here… oh, and the car in front of me paid for my coffee this morning. It’s the little things in life!

16. Best thing that happened to me is we finally sold our house in da hood and got a beautiful home in a beautiful family friendly neighborhood, also has an awesome kitchen. Gonna be a great summer!

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!!

17. Happy Birthday, you sassy ball of awesome!

As for me, I’m happy for my health and my family. I’m especally happy that my mom, a breast cancer survivor with several other health issues (including Type II Diabetes) has embarked on a weight loss and workout plan that her doctor has assured her will get her healthier and allow her to eliminate some of her medications. She’s feeling great about herself and has lost 60lbs in the last year. That makes me very happy!

18. Happy happy birthday! I turned 27 last week for my good thing. Not my golden birthday (that was 18) but still fun!

19. Happy Birthday Beautiful!

My golden is this year too.

I hope you have the best birthday ever.

xoxo

20. Traveling to LA to walk in honor of a very special little girl was pretty SPECTACULAR! Seeing her parents and little sister were icing on the cake.

Happy Birthday Casey!!!!!!!
    Hope your day is SUPER and that the coming year brings you all that you desire!

21. In the past month: One of my brothers turned 18, I got more work done on my tattoo, I got a new lens for my camera, Gabriel has sweetened up a quite a bit, I’ve started dating a cute boy who I like, I’ve made a WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE plan for the future, and I think I’m going to stick with it, I’ve started putting more money aside in savings, I bought my BlogHer plane ticket.

It’s been a good month. A golden month, even.

22. I took a risk and dyed and cut my hair … and not only did my husband notice, but he LOVES it! :-)

Happy birthday to you!

23. mommabird2345 says:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CASEY!!!!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

This past month my oldest daughter got her braces off, my middle daughter started taking ballet classes, my youngest daughter is starting to use the potty & my husband and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary. Next month the kids get out of school, so that means SUMMER VACATION YAY!! :)

24. Happy Birthday!

This past month, my daughter chose to listen to Billy Idol rather than Justin Bieber. Proudest parenting moment EVER for me! She’s 2, by the way :)

25. Happy Birthday, my friend! I hope it’s wonderful, and I can’t wait to see you at BlogHer.

Nothing very wonderful happened this month… I just fell down a lot. Here’s to an awesome May?

26. Happy, Happy Birthday Casey!In the past month my husband has started getting healthy after a bad health scare. Now maybe we will grow old and grey together.

27. Happy Birthday! My friend Erin is celebrating her golden birthday today too! That means, twenty-eight years ago, at least TWO wonderful women came into this world!

My wonderful thing this month: I got out of a bad relationship! YES!

28. Happy Birthday! Wishing you all the best on your Golden Birthday!

29. Lisa Vielee says:

Happy Birthday. This month, I received flowers from my husband for no good reason, enjoyed the warm weather, and helped my daughter build a lemonade stand. April is good.

30. Happy Birthday Casey!!!
    I hope your day just glows. :)
    Really, really love the picture.
    Last Thursday I got to kiss my husband for the first time in months, definitely a hightlight. But Monday? We found our our little rainbow babies, our twins, are a boy and a girl.
    Could only be better if their brother were here. So. Stinking. Happy.

31. feistycali says:

Happy birthday!!!

This April has been awesome for me, I finally found a job, a total career change, after 8 months of looking and I also got engaged!

32. Joyeux Anniversaire!

This April has been awesome. Bought a new house, sold our existing house in a day. Yeah!

33. April is a special month to me. April 2009, I was diagnosed with cancer. I am happy to say I am cancer free this April and walked in Race for the Cure April 17. I am beginning to blog about my experience and am so excited to be blogging.

Have a Happy Birthday.
    Stephanie

34. Happy Birthday! 28 has been good to me and I’m not sure I’m ready to give it up yet! We bought a house and have been remodeling it. We got new carpet yesterday! We hope to be ready to move the end of May! I hope you have a great year!

35. Happy Golden Birthday!

1982 was a great year to be born!

This month, I helped three people move and didn’t die! \o/

36. Johnny and I spent a whole weekend without cracking our laptops. It was heaven.

37. Happy birthday!

Good April things…hmm…

I explored my new city to get my mind off of miscarriages and baby things. Fun days out are the perfect antidote for all that!

38. Ohh Betsy! says:

Happy birthday my dear girl. You already know the good thing that has happened for me (times 2)! It didn’t happen over the last month but I’m still happy about it :)

Your pictures is fantastic. Love you!

39. happy happy day! while i didn’t have a birthday, i did get a house!!!

Happy Birthday!

In the last month, my dad has finally consented to take the medicine the doctor prescribed for his memory loss and although he complains about it to my mom; taking it is a huge step to keeping him healthy.

I finished up the training for a large program I’m in charge of launching at the office and surprisingly most supervisors have had a very positive reaction to the implementation – one today thanked me for my drive and passion.

My boyfriend and I have been dating 6 months and I noticed this month we’re planning stuff months in advance and he’s referring to home improvement and gardening projects as our projects. (when we pick tomatoes this summer) It’s given me some much needed security to relax and enjoy being loved.
    My weight has gone up over the winter, but I realized that I’m the strongest I’ve ever been and even carrying around these hips and butt I can work out circles around a lot of girls at the gym.

41. Happy Birthday Casey!

I went to California with my husband. Without my little one. It was a wonderful vacation. And little one had a great time on his own vacation at his grandparents’ house.

Have a wonderful day!

42. That is an AWESOME picture! Happy Birthday;)

43. Happy Birthday!

Best thing in the last month actually happens every day. My little girls greet me home from work with a hug, a smile, and an I love you Daddy. Nothing better than that.

44. Good things that have happened to me lately: I got a new phone, I took my first DSLR camera class, my sister came for a visit, I spent the day with a dear friend who lives an hour away, my daughter snuck my coffee and guzzled it which made me laugh when I smelled her coffee-breath, and my twins BOTH got chosen to present their art in a local art show. Happy birthday!

45. Also, I love your birthday photo! So awesome.

46. Happy Birthday!

Best thing – my twins turned one last week

47. Happy birthday! I love that photo of you. It’s gorgeous, and epitomizes the saying, “You’re as young as you feel!”

One of the best things that happened to me in the last few months was my niece, Ciana Olivia, being born. She’s a little ray of sunshine for the whole family.

Enjoy your special day!

48. Happy birthday, mama!

This has been a good month as I’m nearly completion of my 5K training. Also, my 18-month-old is all talky-talky-lots-o’-fun, and she fills our hearts with joy and laughter more than I ever thought possible.

49. That is one awesome photo!! Happy birthday!

50. michelle n says:

Happy Birthday! I had to have my first gluten-free b-day cake this year too!! I made the GF betty crocker cake mix and covered it in tasty frosting. It wasn’t the best cake I’ve ever had but it certainly wasnt’ the worst either.

I realized that I would be celebrating my 11th wedding anniversary next month. I am so happy with my marriage. We have had some pretty tough things to deal with but we have gotten closer with each experience. So, the best thing in my life is my hubby. …And my tomato plants in the back yard.

I hope you know how much I appreciate you sharing your experiences in life. Your sorrows and triumphs have inspired me in different ways. Thanks and Happy b-day!